Spring break is approaching. The San Mateo-Foster City, Burlingame and Millbrae school districts have off from April 4-8.
Trying to think of ways to spend quality time with your family over spring break without having to travel or spend your hard-earned cash? Here are some ways you can enjoy the holiday locally.
Patch Picks: Spring Break Staycations
- Learn about the environment and native animals at (1651 Coyote Point Dr, San Mateo)
- Explore the fresh produce at (Saturdays, Broadway & la Cruz Ave, Millbrae) or (Wednesdays and Saturdays, 1700 W Hillsdale Blvd, San Mateo)
- For kids over 8, go racing at (1541 Adrian Rd, Burlingame)
- Go swimming at Highlands Recreation Center (1851 Lexington Ave, San Mateo) or the (800 Foster City Blvd, Foster City)
- "Circus on Stage" spring camp at (1740 Leslie St, San Mateo)
- Go skating at (2202 Bridgepointe Pkwy, Foster City)
- Get a photo with the Easter Bunny at the (60 31st Ave, San Mateo), starting April 9
- Spring break dance and art camps at Peninsula Ballet Theatre (1880 S. Grant, San Mateo)
- Watch "The Sky Tonight" Planetarium Show at (1700 W Hillsdale Blvd, San Mateo) on April 9
- Take a family hike at (Arguello Dr & Sebastian Dr, Burlingame)
- Join the Spring Break Fun Club at the (477 Lincoln Cir, Millbrae)